Eastman 42 in. Flexible Magnesium Anode Rod with 3 in. Nipple Fitting
The 42 in. Eastman Flexible Magnesium Anode Rod helps prolong the life of your water heater tank by attracting corrosion to Itself. The rod corrodes through electrolysis, a process that protects the steel walls of the water heater by attracting corrosion to a more noble metal. The anode rod is built with a carbon steel cable and 4-sections of magnesium links. It features a durable stainless steel 3/4 in. x 3 in. NPT nipple connection. Easy to install by attaching it to the top of the tank to keep it steady. The anode rod should be inspected every 2-years and replaced as needed.
- Magnesium construction with flexible carbon steel cable and durable corrosion-resistant stainless steel nipple
- Helps prevent the rotten egg smell of sulfur
- 42 in. long with a diameter of 5/8 in.
- Can be cut to fit your water heater
- Installation is easy at the top of the water heater tank
- 12 in. minimum clearance required for installation
- Recommended to check the life of your anode rod every 2-years and replace as needed
- Lead-free compliant
- For use in residential water heater tanks
- Prevents corrosion