Ultra-Absorbent Silicone Foam Dressing with Border (Adhesive) Waterproof 4" X 4" (10 Cm X 10 Cm) (Central Ultra-Absorbent Foam 2.5" X 2.5") 10 Per Box (1) Wound Dressing by Areza Medical
- Ultra-Absorbent Silicone Foam with Adhesive Border is a composite dressing.
- Two layers: outer polyurethane backing and inner porous adhesive silicone layer are present in entirety of the dressing.
- In central part of dressing: there are three more layers present between outer backing and inner silicone layer. From outer to inner side: super-absorbent polyacryate layer, thin non-woven layer, and polyurethane foam layer. This make total layers to be five in central part.
- This total surface area of dressing is: 4" x 4".
- Surface area of central absorbent part is: 2.5" x 2.5". Thickness of dressing in central part is 5 mm.
- Description of silicone layer: it covers all over the inner layer. It is adhesive to dry surfaces. This layer is porous (uniformly distributed round pores) allowing better flow of wound exudate to central absorbent layers (foam and polyacrylate). Silicone layer does not adhere to wound (moist wound).
- This dressing can absorb about 30 ml of liquid (in-vitro experiments).
- No latex is used in the production of the this dressing.
How to use:
1-Clean the wound (with sterile saline or other recommended cleansing solution) and then dry.
2-Adhere the silicone adhesive border to the dry, intact skin surrounding the wound (periwound skin). The central ultra absorbent silicone foam pad
should cover the wound completely. No secondary dressing is required. A self adhesive elastic bandage roll or tubular bandage can be used for better placement of the dressing in extremities.
3-Change the dressing as needed (per instruction of your wound care provider).